Tuesday, June 21, 2011

New Media Fave: Young Fat & Fabulous Blog

Gabi Gregg, the writer of the Young, Fat and Fabulous blog is truly fabulous! I think she is forward-thinking for reclaiming and using the word "fat" in her blog title and she often refers to herself such, which I think is refreshing and different. She also doesn't shy away from talking about the challenges and triumphs of shopping for her body type.

She says on her blog, "I'm a big fan of the 'make it work' philosophy. I shop at straight size stores and find things that I can wear, regardless of whether it fits the way a designer intended it. When you're fat and stylish you have to be creative."

I know many women who would fret that they can't fit into certain items rather than just taking the situation by the seams and altering said item. I think there are many items that can work fine for any size wearer but creativity is key. And that is what Gabi stresses in her style philosophy all the time.   

I admire her motivation and creativity in the fashion arena. She looks amazing in everything she wears and knows it because she has found what is flattering and what works for her and she WORKS IT! (snaps, heeeeyyy :-)

She's been showcased in Vogue Italy's curvy women's video features talking about great places to shop for plus sizers and in Glamour Magazine's August 2011 denim issue wearing a chic jeans ensemble. Also, check out her Youtube.com channel GabiFresh and her other blog on Tumblr.

Editorial Note: I use to be fat, so this post is not meant to offend anyone. Also, as of July 7, 2011 I've discovered that Gabi has changed the name of her blog to GabiFresh, click the name to be routed to her blog post explaining why she changed the name. In addition, she is hosting her YFF Conference Saturday July 9- Monday July 11. For more information, check out the YFF Conference on Tumblr.

No comments:

Post a Comment