Monday, June 13, 2011

Epic Fro: Solange Knowles

You gotta admire Solange’s courage for going natural. She is in the public eye, which is a very critical eye. She is a singer, so she has to be looking on-point and everything. I remember seeing her on Oprah a few years ago when she decided to do the big chop and she had super short hair. She talked about how she was ready to do that because at that point in her life she felt she wanted that kind of change for various reasons. 

She talked about the thousands of the dollars spent, I think somewhere around $40,000 + per year, maintaining just her hair. Ouch, says the wallet! I was floored but I thought it was cool that she didn’t mind going against the grain and being herself. I think it’s cool anytime regular women or female celebrities want to change up their look and look closer to their own natural self rather than looking all glitzy, made up and fake. Kudos to Solange for keeping it real and natural!  

No comments:

Post a Comment