Friday, June 10, 2011

Clothes, Accessories and Shoes: Skinny Jeans

Skinny jeans were one of the most ugly trends that I had see when they first came back in style, mainly because I wasn’t into tight pants at the time. They also slightly reminded me of those tapered jeans that I grew to hate in the early 90s. 

You know the one’s that if you were too short they’d bunch at your knee?! I wore those because that’s pretty much all there was at one time (when I was in elementary school) before I wore baggy pants and jeans in middle school and high school. I was stuck in the middle of the hip hop and skateboard girl style back then. 

Anyway, as time went on, the modern skinny jeans grew on me and my first pair were from Old Navy. But those didn’t fit right, they were cut too loose at the waist and legs even though they were technically suppose to be fitting. Plus, they didn’t have the stretch they needed in order to make them cling in all the right places. 

A few years later when I was in NYC I ended up buying a couple pairs of skinnies in Old Navy again and one pair fit great, with lots of stretch. The other pair fit great but didn’t have much stretch and even though they were technically skinnies, they had a definite straight leg fit. 

Then, I starting searching for the ultimate skinny jean. I eventually found the perfect pair in H & M. They are black and have zipper detailing on the back packets and the front pockets. They had a superb fit!

Last year I found another perfect pair at the Gap, my fashion refuge! They always have the perfect things that I’m looking for. These Gap skinnies have the perfect amount of stretch, fit perfectly and they are a deep, rich indigo color that I adore.

Sometimes it takes years to find the perfect skinny but once you find them you will love them and live in them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment