Tuesday, June 7, 2011

New Media Fave: Two "What I Wore" Blogs

There are two “What I Wore” personal style blogs that I absolutely adore, one is called What I Wore and the other is called What I Wore 2Day. 

Jessica Quirk, who has parlayed her successful blog into a book deal, produces What I Wore. The book she wrote is titled “What I Wore.” I would love to eventually purchase that book since I love her blog. The book can be purchased on amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, Borders and Indie Bound.

I admire Jessica’s style because it is just so darn neat and put together. To me, her style can be best described as creative, fresh, modern, colorful and lady-like chic. She incorporates a lot of color, patterns and textures into each of her outfits. 

She mixes up her style for a very eclectic look. I couldn’t point to a specific outfit of hers and say ‘oh that definitely her style’ because the very hallmark of her style is variety! The quality of her blog photos is superb and the backgrounds for each are simple and varied. 

Two unique features of her blog that I think are way cool are her “Blogger Swaps,” where she borrows and loans clothing items with her favorite bloggers. I think that is a great, creative idea because the swaps inspire her own styling of the pieces that she loans after she sees how her blogger friends have put items together with the piece. Here is a link to a swap example

The other feature that's cool is “Search by Color,” which you can click one of the colors in the accompanying color palate and see all her outfits that incorporate that color. Pretty ingenious, huh? Love it!! Here is a link to an example


The second blog that I love is produced by Kasmira Kit of What I Wore 2Day. She is equally eclectic and creative in her wardrobe choices. She is fantastically colorful and uses lively patterns and styles to her advantage. 

Some of the unique features of her blog that I love are her “Theme Weeks.” She has done many wardrobes based on a theme for one week. Some of the themes include specific color schemes such Mardi Gras, yellow, tomato and olive. 

The capsule wardrobe is another awesome theme that she has done, which was the very first post that I read of hers when I was searching for tips on building a capsule wardrobe and I become an instant fan. 

Her other themes include accessories such as scarves, shoes and belts. I also like how she took inspiration from specific magazines such as InStyle and books like The Lucky Guide to Mastering Any Style and made the suggestions fit what was in her wardrobe. 

Another great feature she has is “How To,” which gives great tips on everything from how to add more color to you wardrobe, dealing with excess belt length, using Rit dye in the washing machine, to tips on dying your eyebrows, swapping your clothes, bundling for a cold commute and creating a successful style diary.           

No comments:

Post a Comment