Friday, June 24, 2011

Clothes, Accessories and Shoes: Totes and Shopping Bags

Totes and cute shopping bags are some of my favorite items these days. The lighter weight ones that pack up tiny to fit in a purse are a big bonus for me too. My first really cute tote was one that I bought at Esprit at the beginning of my NYC college experience back in 2007.

I bought it at the persistent suggestion of my eldest sister when we were shopping in the city for the first time as she helped me settle into my new city and move in to my dorm. She insisted I buy it because she thought my hand decorated bag I carried (that I made in high school) which I loved, was ugly and even tried to get me to through it away but I refused!

Since then I have become something of a tote connoisseur since I grew to love the magenta Esprit tote. It is so sturdy, waterproof and adds a pop of color to my usually dark, neutral outfits. I went on to amass a pretty sizable collection of totes and cute little shopping bags.

Below are some of my favorites:   

- Shiny black & white houndstooth check shopping bag (purchased in dollar section at Target)

- Black (Product) Red light weight fold up tote (purchased on clearance at the Gap for about $3)

- Peach, coral and white light weight fold up tote (purchased at Daiso Japan for about $1.50)

- Black waterproof Esprit sturdy tote (purchased at Esprit for about $19.50)

- Jansport magenta, tan and chocolate colored peacock feather design tote (purchased at college bookstore for about $17)

- Black & white fancy design shopping bag set of 2 (purchased at Marshall's for about $4)

- Forest green grocery shopping bag (purchased at Whole Foods Market for about 99 cents)

- Multicolored grocery shopping bag   (purchased at Whole Foods Market for about 99 cents)  

No comments:

Post a Comment