Friday, November 18, 2011

My Style Picks: Everyday Makeup and Accessories

Naturally Styled Beauty & Accessory Essentials






This is my style! Let's break it down.



Face


On my eyes I keep it simple and I always wear Avon Color Trend powder shadow single in Rose Gold, which my sister gave me like 6-7 years ago. I didn't wear it right away but I have been wearing it a long, long time, in fact too long to be wearing eye shadow but adds a pretty subtle shimmer!


On my lips, I alternate with a few different colors and I usually layer 3 products at once. I try to start with Alba or Chapstick 100% Naturals lip balm to hydrate my lips under the color. Then, I like to do a bold lip with either Mark Lip Exotics in Fever (a concentrated, intense color lip gloss, which they call a lacquer and they changed the name to Lots of Lacquer: Hook Up Super Color Gloss, but it's still called Fever) or Prestige lipstick in Velvet.


Lastly, I top it off with the pretty sheer Peppermint flavored lip gloss (with a hint of pink tint) I got from Old Navy around Christmas time a few years ago (I think it was limited edition). Otherwise I'll wear Rimmel London's Sweet Jelly Sheer Lip gloss in Delicious, which looks pink in the tube but completely sheer on my lips and I gently blog my lips after everything is applied.

Eye Glasses

My eye glass routine is pretty straight forward. I alternate between wearing the red or purple ones. I've had these glasses for a while. I'd love to get some black horn rim glasses in pink and some cateye glasses too just to mix up and add to my eyeglass collection.

Neckwear


I love wearing thin, drapy infinity scarves and long drapy necklaces. I have mostly single strand necklaces but I have one peach and gold beaded multi-strand one from Forever 21 and I would love to get some silver and other beaded multi-strand necklaces.


Hair

I usually wear twists or a thin crochet hat and to a lesser extent I'll wear a twist out or free form Afro. When my hair was shorter I could pick out my hair and wear a retro packed down fro, which had a great shape to it.

Now that it is longer I can't pick out my hair easy so it's hard to shape my fro. So a free form fro works best.
Update: As of November 20, 2011 I cut off all my hair after one and a half years of progress. More about that in later post.  
First, I like to start with i. d. Bare Minerals makeup in Golden Deep and tinted Mineral Veil on my face. This make up is amazing, it's very light, natural looking and makes my skin look bright and fresh. My only issue with it is that it's very sheer and doesn't cover my blemishes. At some point I'd like to try the primer of the same brand to get better blemish coverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment