Friday, November 4, 2011

Epic Fro: Kim Coles

The comedian/actress/naturalista Kim Coles is a new natural on my radar! I just so happened to be YouTubing one day and came across some videos of her natural hair journey and I was impressed. Usually, celebrities especially Black female celebrities don't talk about their hair struggles in an honest, relatable way but when I saw Kim Coles talking about her natural hair journey, I knew she was the real deal.

I love how she talked about how she was inspired to go natural by regular people on YouTube talking about their own natural hair journeys. I also loved the fact that Kim just does regular videos and doesn't make a whole Hollywood production of it. To me this is very organic and authentic.... just her talking to her viewers with no lights, camera, action type deal. Very cool indeed and she is so entertaining to watch. Below are some of her inspiring videos, enjoy!

Part 1 of Kim's hair journey story




Part 2 of Kim's hair journey story





Part 3 of Kim's hair journey story





Kim Coles and Felicia Leatherwood discussing the use of oil in natural hair




Last but not least: a photo montage of Kim's Hair journey so far, from December 2010 to June 2011



 All videos are reposted from Kim's channel and are owned by her.

For more info check out her website http://www.kimcoles.tv/kim-coils and subscribe to her YouTube channel www.youtube.com/user/therealkimcoles.

No comments:

Post a Comment